Join Our Team - Become a Dog Boarder
- Full 24/7 help and support
- Free on-line profile and dashboard with review facility
- Free easy to use booking system
- All administration provided free by Lookafteryourdog
- Choose the size and breed of dogs you want
- Meet the dogs before you accept them
- Have as many or as few as you like
- Payment taken on-line via the website, so no haggling with customers
- Free liability Insurance for any eventualities including transporting the dogs
- Offer other services such as daycare and later this year, dog walking, home visits and dog sitting
- Build a repeat business
- Suits single persons, couples or families
- Work from home with no daily commute and no hassles. You are the boss!
- No costs involved (except licence fee to the Council £95 - 120 a year averagely January to December).
- Fit dog sitting around your lifestyle (Travel, hobbies etc.)
Lookafteryourdog Home Dog Boarding Service was set up in 2009 to provide home from home care for our customers dogs, as an alternative to Kennels. Due to demand we are always looking out for dog lovers who want to work from home and be a part of our team. Are you that dog lover? Please read the criteria below and consider carefully before applying by clicking here www.lookafteryourdog.co.uk/become-a-dog-boarder/basic-information or clicking the JOIN NOW button at the bottom of the page.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You must be a Dog lover with A good manner with people and a good sense of humour.
- You must be a home owner or if renting you have permission to use your home for boarding dogs.
- You must have a clean, tidy home without hazards that could hurt the dogs. A safe and secure, escape proof garden, that is enclosed with fencing or walls and not bushes and any water such as ponds safely covered over.
- Smoke detectors covering all floors of the property
- A fire extinguisher of an appropriate type
- A dog appropriate first aid kit
- You must have access to the internet and be computer literate to a basic degree. You will be provided with an online diary which will allow you to view bookings and accept or decline by the click of a button. There is minimal administration and the system deals with all payment aspects so that there is no need for you to discuss money with the customers, just care for the dogs.
- You must not have been convicted of any offence relating to animal welfare
- You must be willing to be vetted by your local council environmental health department who will come to your home to inspect it and then on payment of the appropriate yearly fee, issue you with a licence to board animals under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963. Boarding dogs without a licence is a criminal offence and all Lookafteryourdog home dog boarders will have a licence
- You must not be in employment and available at home to provide full time care and only leaving the dogs for up to 4 hours but not regularly.
- If you have your own dog(s) they must be non-aggressive to people or other dogs and enjoy the company of other dogs in their home and be fully vaccinated and neutered/spayed.
- You must not have preschool children present at the home for safety reasons.
- Cats and other small animals would only be considered if it was proved that they would not meet the boarded dogs for safety reasons.
- You should be fit and able to walk the dogs twice a day or as required by the owner.
- You must have Dog tags with your name and address/phone number securely fitted on the dogs whilst they are staying with you
- Dogs should be walked on lead unless the owner expressly wishes it and signs a written consent, or you have access to a safe and secure area with no means of escape. You will be covered by our insurance to take the dog in your car if covered by appropriate business cover on your insurance and an approved restraint method is used, dog seatbelt, crate or guard.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous dog owning experience
- Confidence with dogs in a variety of situations
- Full UK Driving licence and own transport with business cover to transport dogs
- First Aid trained desirable but not essential
This role is only suitable for people who have a passion for dogs and want to enjoy their company and provide them with daily walks, food, water and love. The dogs quickly adapt but it maybe they are a little confused for the first day but with a good walk and love and affection, they soon adapt and enjoy the experience.
If successful, you will receive 24/7 help and support and everything that you need to accept bookings on a flexible basis. I will come to see you at your home and discuss the role and whether you and your home meets the required standards as set out above. In some instances, we may not need boarders in your area due to numbers already recruited or lack of demand and you will be notified if unsuccessful.
You have nothing to lose so why not fill in the application which only takes a minute or two and i will contact you to arrange a chat.
Look forward to speaking to you soon Steve